Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 1 - MTC Provo, UT

Hello everyone,

These last two days have been crazy, in the best way possible.

After getting on the plane to go to Salt Lake City, It hit me that I really am a missionary now. There were a few other elders on the flight, but we were all in different seats. When I got to the airport Matthew was waiting there and we went to Temple Square. It was nice because we had time to tour the Conference Center. After this we headed to Provo to eat lunch with Rachel, Russel, and Amanda. I said goodbye to them all and went to the MTC. 

When you enter the MTC you have no idea what you are doing. All you do is just follow the lines to get your name-tag and various other supplies. After this I went to my classroom and met my companion Elder Brimhall. He came straight out of high school and is from the Albany area New York. After meeting Elder Brimhall I met the rest of my district (all of whom are straight out of high-school) We all get along and I can tell they all want to be here. After meeting with the district we went to a room with all the incoming missionaries. The speakers were great and there were a lot of missionaries. 

The next day went more smoothly, but we found it hard to be on time. The schedule is so jam packed that there is little time to spare. This is good though, because it constantly keeps my mind on missionary work. Throughout the day Elder Brimhall and got to know each other a lot more. I found that we are both dedicated and want to do our best. I couldn't have asked for a better first companion. Later that night we met the Branch Presidency. I was impressed that even though I barely know them and they would only be my Branch Presidency for 12 days, I was inspired by their counsel. At the end of the meeting they had Elder Brimhall and I stand up and they made us Zone Leaders. As a Zone Leader we are in charge of our two district or our entire branch. We talk to District Leaders who talk with the district. We also welcome the incoming missionaries and give them an orientation, which is crazy because we'll only be here one week. We mostly teach lessons and stand as an example.

So far the MTC has been great, just full of information. I feel like a glass being overfilled. I love it here so far, but can't wait to get out to the field.

Elder Pulsipher

P.S. The food is very deceptive. It really good, but they give you small portions, which causes you to go back for seconds. That is why you gain weight.