Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 8 - Littleton, CO

Hello Everyone. 
Picking the Wyncoop's Apples
So I found out on Saturday night that this is my last day in Chatfield ward in Littleton. I am going to be transferred. I don't know where or with who though.

Tuesday Sept 30:

On Tuesday morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Luckily I was able to quickly turn that around. We were able to teach three less-actives about personal revelation and the priesthood. We have been doing two lessons preparing people for General Conference; one on personal revelation and one on prophetic revelation. I think it has really been helping them. We were also talking with a member and she asked if we could pick a few of her apples. So we picked about 50 of them and gave about half to her. That night when we got home there was a note on the desk that said that the stake missionary housing coordinators came and inspected and said we did an excellent job. It was funny because I told Elder Clark that the likelihood of them coming that day was low.
Picking the Wyncoop's Apples


Wednesday Oct 1:

A view from a hike this morning.
There are so many hiking places in our area.
We have been trying to do them all.
If you live on the Metro side of the mission every first Wednesday of the month you get to go the temple. It was a great experience of much learning and was very uplifting. Later that day we mowed sister Jensen's lawn. She does our meal calendar and is an amazing lady. That nights dinner cancelled and she gave us a gift card to Chile's along with a few bags of candy. That night we stopped by a family that has been investigating the church for 7 years. We taught about how the Book of Mormon can answer the simplest of questions. It was a little awkward but we had the daughter think of a question and as we read, she had got an answer. It was interesting because I didn't even think the passage would have helped. Right after that we were going to stop by another person who we tracted into when Elder Clark suggested we visit another long time investigator. When we got to the door we were able to go in and teach a lesson. It was interesting because she is very hard to catch.


A View of Denver









Thursday Oct 2:

On Thursday we taught a recent convert Sister O'Conner. We taught about the Plan of Salvation. I think we went a little to deep and confused her though. We talked about the War in Heaven and Missionary work in the Spirit world. I learned just how teaching simply is so much better. Luckily we had Sister Ward there who helped explain things simply to her. I also learned just how much I take other peoples word as truth. When she asked many of these questions I had little to no idea where the scriptural reference was and had to look it up. Later that day we did some service at the Arc. A while back a man came up to us and asked what Paul's thorn is. While at the Arc that day I told him what it means and he was very suprised that I knew it. He shook my hand and I asked him what Christ meant when He said "Other sheep I have which are not of this fold". I told him to do some research and report back.
There are three places within our area, the Valley,
in town, and Trailmark. This is a nice part of the Valley.
Another pose on the tallest hill.

Friday Oct 3:

I've been learning a lot about patience. I thought I was patient but I learned I could improve. Weekly Planning is one of those times where I learn about patience the most. It can be long. We got to teach another recent convert, Sister Zuchman. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It has been amazing to see just how much she has progressed since I got here six weeks ago. She and her husband were the first people I taught a lesson to. We spent the rest of the day tracting.

We could see the entire Denver area from this one rock.

Saturday and Sunday Oct 4 and 5:

We hiked to the tallest hill in our area 
and you can see a few snow peaked mountains.
General Conference is finally here. Elder Clark and I watched it at the church. One of my favorite talks was given by Elder Lynn G Robbins. He talked about which way do you face? He talked about peer pressure and how we should be like Christ an always face the same way and not give into the influence of others. I really liked this because even though people may answer the door and yell at you or push you away you can know that as long as you face God you will be fine and protected. Another talk I liked was Tad R Callister's. He talked about how parents are Prime Gospel Teachers. It reminded me of how my parents are my prime gospel teachers and the lessons they taught me helped prepare me for my mission. There were so many great talks. I found that many of the messages centered on that prophets are called of God, parenthood, the sacrament, and that this is a world-wide church. Not to mention that the first talks given in a language besides English were given.
One more week to turn this to 22 months. :) 

Transfers coming

On Saturday night we got a call from the President Murdock. He said that Elder Clark is going to be the District leader and that I am being transferred. When he said that I was a little shocked. Usually you stay in an area for at least two transfers and when you are new usually for four transfers. I suddenly realized just how attached I had become to the Chatfield ward and area. I have learned to love the people here and it hurts a little to not be able to say goodbye to some of them and to leave. I'm also going to miss a baptism of one of our investigators. I am excited though. I can't wait to see who I'm being paired with and where I'm going to be.

Also please just send packages and letters just to the Mission Office for now. That address is:

Elder Dallin Pulsipher
Colorado Denver South Mission
999 E Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Till next time,

Elder Dallin S Pulsipher