Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 39 - Littleton CO

Hello everyone. It was honestly a long and hard week. Luckily we had Mother's day at the end where I got to talk to my family.

Tuesday May 5: Transfer 7
Elder Capps, Rhoades, Young and Me
outside the Denver Temple
It was transfers today. We woke up at about 5 and went over the the mission office. Elder Farley and I both stayed. There were no last minute changes on our end. It was interesting because we had an Assistant go home. He has been serving as an assistant for 1 year. That usually doesn't happen. It was a hard meeting for President and sister Murdock. 17 missionaries left including Elder Niue whom I served with. That night we taught the Trejos and John and Kelsey. John mentioned that he wants to get baptized, but is not sure when.

Wednesday May 6:
We woke up early again to go to the Temple this morning. It was good and was one of the highlights of my week. I also got to see Elder young again. Later that day we taught Nicholas who we taught a lesson two a few weeks ago. We taught him the Plan of Salvation, and he read 100 pages. Unfortunately he didn't pray or read with the right intent. At the end he said he feels he has enough knowledge to figure it out himself. We tried to set up another time but he wouldn't let us. This can be very frustrating at times. However all we might be here are seed planters. The rest of the day we did some service and taught a few lessons. Luckily our evenings have been full lately. Basically filling up the day is the difficult part.

Flowers outside of the Denver Temple.
Just trying out my new camera
Thursday May 7:
I was wiped out. Waking up early and with busy evenings, I am exhausted. We had a goal setting district meeting where we talked about things we can improve on. We also noticed that there are non-members and less-actives who attend sacrament meeting but aren't meeting with us. We discussed ways we can befriend them. This week we have had a lot of rain. The weather here is kind of bipolar in that one hour it will be downpouring with a huge thunderstorm and the next it is a sunny blue sky. During these nice hours on Thursday we helped sister Dekle with some weeding and yard work. Sometimes when stressed it is good to do some manual labor. 
Snow in May

Friday May 8:
I started the morning going to a follow-up appointment on my toes. He ended up clipping the toes a little more (luckily with no numbing medicine). I instantly felt relief.  He said I should be good and just call him if I have any issues. We then had a lesson with a less-active sister we have been working with. We also had a long weekly planning session really planning for the transfer. We have decided to focus on embers and getting referrals. It has been the only way we have found good investigators. The rest of the day was pretty slow.

Saturday May 9:
Elder Jensen and I at Transfer Meeting.
I came out with him.
We had a zone meeting to start the morning. There were a few more changes to the mission regarding rules and procedures. We have gotten a lot of those lately. We also talked about what our focus is going to be on this next transfer. Looking at the numbers it seems like the focus in our district was different from the focus of the other district. What they decided to do was to combine the focuses and lift each other up. It seemed like a good idea. Afterwards we taught Kirstin. We talked with her and she says she wants to get baptized for sure around May 30th. It will probably be during the week on a Thursday so her friends who are coming with lessons to us can make it. She is awesome and is really progressing. One of the great blessings of being on a mission is that you get to see people change and come closer to God. When you see this you really feel joy. It also snowed at around 6PM and continued till the next morning.



Denver Colorado Temple


Sunday May 10: Mother's Day
Happy Mother's Day!
The day started off bad. I woke up in a bad mood. PEC was ok and when we started church I didn't see the Bernals. They would of had to come in order to be baptized next weekend. However halfway through I noticed them sitting in the back. It was a huge relief. There were some great talks on motherhood. We have some great speakers in our ward. We even had a non-member speak about his mother. Kirstin also was able to make it. She seemed to really enjoy it. We also talked with the Bernals and decided on May 17th for their baptismal date. They can't wait, and we can't wait.

Of course the highlight of the week was calling home. I video called my mom and talked with her for a while. I then got to talk to some of my siblings.  I then called my dad and Paige, and the Lloyd/Mattice siblings. It was cool to be able to do a three way call between Brazil, Utah, and Colorado. Near the end I got a hold of Jacob and talked with him for a little while. Everyone looked great. It was good to be able to talk with them for a while and just to see how everyone has matured. It was honestly a little hard leaving the computer though. I felt like more time would have been great, but knew that it would just distract me. Overall it was a great experience.

It was really a rough week for me, but you get those. With every downhill there is an uphill. This week should be great with the Bernals getting baptized at the end. I hope you all have a great week as well.

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher