Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 41 - Littleton CO

Hello everyone,

So this was one of the hardest weeks on my mission. It was full of complete and utter boredom. I was ill near the beginning and towards the end Elder Farley was ill. He is still pretty bad and we have been inside most of the time. However there were quite a few exciting things that happened this week as well. I will detour from my usual format, because most every day was me sitting down, reading, watching church films, and drawing.
Incredible Hail storm
Event 1: The Hailstorm of the Century
We have had none-stop rain for the last month. Out of the 25 days in May we have had rain on 22 of them. This has been the most rain that Littleton has gotten in years. They just need to move it to California. Along with this rain we get interesting storms like a hailstorm we got. Within a minute of it starting it was in full force. It was thick hail and giant sheets of it. You could barely see through it. Along with this was rain and very very loud thunder. We were luckily inside, down in the basement. However one of the window wells had a small waterfall on the side. We were concerned about flooding, because it happened years ago in our place. Luckily we were safe and no flooding happened. About an hour after the storm there was not a cloud in the sky.

Event 2: I met Jimmer Fredette
So there is a family in our ward whose daughter married the famous BYU basketball player Jimmer Fredette. We were in the valley and it was raining, more of this misty stuff. We decided to just house hop and visit with members. When we got to this family Jimmer happened to be there. He was very cool, nice, and surprisingly a little shy, or tired. I really don't know. My companion Elder Farley was more excited because he actually loves basketball.

Event 3: The Bernals Confirmation.
On Sunday I had the oppurtunity to confirm the father. I was very nervous. I have never done one before and I was just nervous for words. I had absolutely no idea what to say. However when I got up there words came. It is always awesome when that happens. Afterwards I was just happy. To be able to see someone accept and soak up the gospel like this is truly a blessing.

So those were major events that happened this week. In other news Kelsey, the teenager whom we have been teaching graduated from High School. However at a dinner with her parents she established that she was more excited for her baptism then graduation. She gets baptized this Saturday. I'm excited for it. She is one of the best people I have taught on my mission.

So that was my week. Not much really. Hopefully this week will be better. Hope you all have a great week.

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher