Friday, June 19, 2015

Week 44 - Littleton

Hello Everyone,

So this was the worst week on my mission. Don't worry I'm fine now but it was a very hard week. We didn't do much of anything this week. We did do a lot of service though. Elder Farley has had a hard time with wanting to get out and work. To be honest I have had a hard time too. When Elder Farley was ill for a week we were home.
Since then it has been hard to get back into the swing of things. It has also been very hard to work with Elder Farley, because he is trunky. Also with summer hitting everyone is leaving town. That is why I have been waiting for transfers. I think a change will allow me to get motivated and get back to working hard.

I also got transfer news. I am leaving. This was not the original plan that President Murdock had talked about so it came as a shock. In fact I was devastated by the news. Elder Farley is leaving and is taking my spot as district leader. I will also be released as a district leader. I have to admit I was full of anger and sadness from this news. The news of this changed made me feel like I failed. I took it harshly. As I was feeling this anger I remembered a talk that my stake president back home in a stake conference about anger. He talked about how anger is a sin because it causes us to not feel the spirit and we aren't showing love for one another. I realized that

I needed to let go of this anger somehow. I knew I couldn't let go of it myself but that I needed to ask for help from God. The most amazing thing happened. The anger left. It didn't leave all at once. I had to first let go of my angry feelings and forgive. It wasn't easy. It also took some guidance from a member of the bishopbric in our ward in a ward council to soften my heart. He challenged us all to forgive someone that day. He said that President Gordon B Hinckley stressed that if everyone in the church forgave one another than the church would be exponentially stronger. As I did this I was able to feel peace. The anger left and I was happy the rest of the day.

Since then it seems as though things that would have made me angrier have come up. However they seem to don't matter. I am so glad that Heavenly Father gave me peace when I normally would have felt anger. So I have been fine since. I am just excited to find out where I am going and who I am with. All I know is that I will be Senior companion and that it is a biking area. So who knows?

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week. I won't find out until tomorrow where I go so you will all find out by next week.

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher