I hope you all had a great week. We had a crazy random week. It was awesome. So I will do a different approach for this email explaining everything that happened this week.
- We almost caused an accident as we were riding by a car. Someone in the car looked at Elder Brown
and thought it was her boyfriend and was very confused. They then pulled out into traffic and was almost hit.
- We taught a lesson where the girls parents and grandparents were watching TV on one couch and we were teaching her across the room as she was sitting on the other coach. It was very very awkward.
- We were riding our bikes when someone pulled their car over and stopped us. It turns out that her sister was a friend of Elder Brown's
- We were teaching a teenager, Angelo, When we got in his home there were chickens everywhere. He also had two on his shoulders.
- Some other missionaries went tracting in our area on accident and found two potential investigators.
- We ate sushi in the middle of the country. It wasn't even close to the sushi back home.
- There was a crazy wind storm that popped out of nowhere. There were a lot of tree branches on the road and dust everywhere. Not necessarily a dust storm but strong winds.
- On one day we were late to every single appointment because random people would stop us or traffic would suddenly get heavy.
- We witnessed a crime scene.
- Another amazing thing is that it seemed that every lesson we had this week was perfect for the people we were teaching and just what they needed. In fact one lesson Elder Brown felt impressed to share a scripture. He decided to start it a few verses before he normally does. Everything in that verse applied directly to her and her situation. It was amazing. It is awesome to be influenced by the Holy Ghost like that. You notice that sometimes when you are on your mission. These simple events remind you that this is God's work and that we are just instruments.
- We met a lot of "interesting people." It always makes your week better when you meet "interesting people"
Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher