Monday, July 27, 2015

Grand Junction - Week 47

This was an interesting week. Very physically tiring.
Monday - Wednesday June 29 - July 1:
These three days were full of service. Unplanned service. We were even on our way home for lunch one day when a member was driving along and said, "Hey Elders. I need your help moving something" and us just following behind. We helped out with a lot of moves this week. Wednesday specifically was a crazy day. We had 
an appointment every single hour of the day. We were completely exhausted, and sore. We have also been trying to help a kid out named Angelo. We promised him and made him commit to read and pray everyday and allow us to come visit everyday and come to church twice. If he does this and continues he will receive and answer to whether he should get baptized.

Thursday July 2:
It was a slow day. We had a district meeting in the morning and a few appointments that afternoon. I actually don't remember much of what happened on this day because I don't have my journal or planner with me. We just got back from a hike up mount Garfield. So on Thursday we went to teach Natasha when her younger sister asked, "Am I being baptized on the same day?" It was great to see the example that her sister was making. So we have two baptisms planned on July 18th.

Friday July 3: This was a very interesting day. We had a long planning session and on our way to go somewhere I crashed my bike. I looked down for a moment and then hit the side of a parked car. I remember everything going into slow motion as I fell to the hard ground. It took about a minute for me to come to my senses and then the pain came. I didn't break anything but have bruises and scrapes down one side and a big cut on my right hand. When I got up I looked at my bike. The front wheel was all twisted, but everything else was perfectly fine. I ended up going to the bishops to get my wounds cleaned up and we spent the rest of the day walking around and visiting people. We had a good laugh about it when talking to people. I mean I hit a stationary car with a bike and got really bruised up from it.

Saturday July 4th: Independence Day!
Happy 4th of July! We had a great day. We went to visit Angelo in the morning and then went to a barbecue of an awesome couple the Davis'. We had a feast and helped make things. We then went over to the Fox's for another dinner and some games. We were instructed to basically just visit members and attend barbecues. We then watched fireworks with some recent converts that live close by. It was cool because there was a lot of air fireworks around us and an intense lightning storm off in the distance. By the end of the day we were just completely exhausted.
Sunday July 5th:
We had a great Church service today. We had some recent converts get up and bear their testimony. A ton of investigators and less-actives come, and a less-active girl whose sisters are getting baptized on July 18th. We also had a successful day visiting and stopping by people. People have also been very nice. It might just be because it is the 4th of July weekend. However it is odd being on foot again. I hope to get my bike fixed today.

Monday July 6th: Happy 16th Birthday Julianne
I hope you have a great amazing day.
This morning we woke up and went with Angelo to hike up Mount Garfield. It was very cool. You basically go up these long narrow mounds all the way up. It was very steep, but very pretty and amazing, We also saw some wild horses. It was awesome. 
Anyways I hope you all have a great week. 

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher