Monday, July 27, 2015

Grand Junction - Week 49 - Baptisms

Hello Everyone,

The baptisms of Natasha and Lizzie.
This was a great week. It was a little slow but ended with two baptisms so it ended great.

Tuesday July 14:
So this was a busy day. We started it off by going to our ward mission leaders work to get the baptismal program done for Natasha and Lizzie. We then spent a lot of the day visiting some people and trying some former investigators. Overall it was a good day.

Wednesday July 15:
It was zone conference. I always love these. They really are a spiritual boost. The focus of this one was talking about how to work with members and getting referrals. We also touched on the new Supreme Court action to legalize Gay marriage and what to expect from that. Near the end the Assistants to the president got up and asked us what we think the Savoir would have us become by the end of out mission. It reminded me of something my Branch President in the MTC had us do while we are heading to our mission. He told us to write who we want to become by the end of the first year of our mission. I did that and have reviewed it since. I have found that all the things I wanted to become have actually happened. This time for this next year I plan to focus it more on what I think God would have me become. Hopefully he will let me know what that is.

Thursday July 16th:
We had exchanges again. They decided to have it where we do it once a week. I personally don't like this but that is fine. We had a district meeting where I gave a training on inviting people to keep commitments. It went very well. We then taught a lesson to one of our investigators on the articles of faith. Later that day we tried someone who almost never answers the door. However this time, they answered and we got to go in and teach a lesson on the Book of Mormon. They loved it and said they wanted us to go back. The rest of the day was interesting. The elder I was with tended to push a little too hard on people and really offended some people. I was just happy this day ended.

Friday July 17th:
We were busy on Friday preparing for the baptism. I had a doctors appointment in the morning for some inflamed lympnodes. They put me on antibiotics that will hopefully get rid of any infections. They think it is a sinus infection. We also helped a lady move. It was fun because I got to see members from Bookcliff ward who helped out with this project. That night we did our last lesson with Natasha and LIzzie. We got their jumpsuits. Looked at the font and did a church tour. We then had to remake the programs because some names were spelled wrong and some things were missing.

Saturday July 18th:
This was a great day, at the end. I was actually ill from the antibiotics. I forgot to get a probiotic that has to be used with it so I had an upset stomach and a slight fever. We went to the store and picked one up so that we could be fine by the baptism that night. The baptism went really well. We had a few things pop up but that is normal. Things like the person baptizing coming a little late without a jumpsuit so we have to call someone else to unlock a door that has them. Things like that. However the baptism was very good and a lot of people showed up. At the end Natasha got up and bore her testimony. It was great. It is amazing to see the spirit that some people have. It sometimes doesn't come out in the lessons but does when they are baptized.

Sunday July 19th:
It was another good day. Natasha and Lizzie were confirmed and we had an investigator come by himself. Usually we have to drag him, but he came out of his own free will. At dinner we walked in when the boyfriend of the daughter said to Elder Brown, "Hey man, long time no see." They apparently showed cows together. It is crazy who you find on a mission.

Anyways it was a good week. The transfer is coming up on the 28th. I have no clue what will happen. Thanks for all the prayers. You are all awesome.

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher