Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 55 - Highlands Ranch, CO

So this was a very very interesting week. I would say a mission changing week.

Tuesday August 25:
So on Tuesday I was on exchanges with Elder Brimhall again, my MTC companion. We started the day off by doing service at a Catholic Church. It was a food bank. It was fun and we got to do it with Elder Jensen and his companion. The rest of the day was slow. I was actually having a really hard last two days. We have had no success in this area and we were on week 5. Our mission President even called us about that. I actually had a melt down (You need to have at least one). However being with Elder Brimhall helped out a ton. He is a very good missionary and a good friend. That night Elder Armenta and I also talked about some challenges in our companionship and settled our differences. There was some misunderstanding.

Wednesday August 26:
We decided to rethink our approach to this area. We had mostly just tried people in the area and ward list. So for this day we decided to tract all day. I wasn't to thrilled but realized we had to give it a try. We ended up teaching some which honestly came as a surprise. I started feeling better by the end of the day.

Thursday August 27:
This was a long day because it was our weekly planning day. We decided to completely look at this area with a different approach. We spent hours refocusing our efforts. Putting higher goals and casting a vision of where we see this area by the end of the year. We had a lesson with an investigator planned but he ended up cancelling. That night we went with a return missionary in our ward out to do some tracting and try some people. I learned a lot from him. My biggest struggle on my mission is talking to random people. He showed us a very natural way to do it. It was very beneficial.

Friday August 28:
We had a long meeting on Friday. It was an extra long district meeting where the assistants took over most of it. We also had interviews with President Murdock. It went very well. In the interview we talked about repentance and how repentance is a gift given to us from God and that through our repentance we can return to live with Heavenly Father. The meeting was focused on Planning and knocking doors and Talking to random people. Just what I needed. It was a very spiritual meeting and a huge booster. The rest of the day went really well.

Saturday August 29:
It was a long day. We did some tracting and tried a ton of people. There was a saying that the Assistants used in there training on Friday. "There is a reason you are here, Find that reason." We tried doing that all day. It was cool to see that God really did send us to certain spots for a specific reason. For instance we tried to visit a member Bishop told us to go see. They weren't home but there was a guy taking a smoke outside that we talked to. He was from Georgia so he said he couldn't take lessons. However he was excited when we gave him a Book of Mormon.

Sunday August 30:
It was a great day. We had 6 hours of church again which may sound very long, but I enjoy it. As a missionary you pick up on lessons really well and you enjoy church. 6 hours of it is awesome honestly. We then did some tracting and met a lot of really nice people.

So overall it was a great week. This was a week where I got motivated to work harder and try new things. Just like in anything you get complacent after a while which I felt I was being. However this week was a big change for me and I hope to keep working harder and harder until I drop, because I know it will make me happy and many others happy as well.

Anyways I hope you all have a great week. 

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher