Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 57 - Highlands Ranch, CO

It was a very very slow week. However it was good.

Thursday Sept 10: 11 Months left
We started the morning off with a district meeting. We have a new district leader who I really like. We are focusing on being more unified. We are doing some fun competitions to be unified such as who can take the weirdest statue or piece of art in your area. We are also getting matching ties and scarfs for the district and the other district is doing inverted colors. We also came up with this thing to do when we drive. When we come to a stop wave at the person next to you as if they are a celebrity. Haven't tried that one yet but I will see how it goes.

Friday Sept 11:
This was a good day. We ended up doing a lot of spur of the moment service. We planned to go see a bunch of people and we met them. The odd thing was that some of them really needed service at that time. We talked to a lot of people and overall it was a good day.

Saturday Sept 12:
We went on exchanges. I was in my area with Elder Dean. He is awesome. We started the morning off doing service for a lady who lives and works at a storage facility. It was long but fun. She has an unlimited supply of cookies and water and she even gave us lunch. We then had a few set appointments where no one was home. We decided to stop by a former investigators house to invite her to go the family history center and when we were there we met her autistic son. It reminded me of when I taught autistic kids. She was impressed by the way we got along with him.

Another interesting thing happened on Saturday. Our dinner had us come to Deseret Book to pick up some gift cards when I ran into Sister Bennett from the Ken Caryl ward, who is the Relief Society President. We talked about the ward and the people I taught. The ward is doing great and most everyone I taught is strong in the gospel still. Before we left she said, "When are you coming back to Ken Caryl. I will have to talk to President and see if he could send you back." This honestly made my day. I felt such gratitude for the opportunity to serve in that ward and I realized why I enjoyed it so much. I learned to love the people. I got to know every member in that ward. It made me realize that I need to start loving these wards.

We also had stake Conference where it was mostly themed on Missionary work. President and Sister Murdock got up and gave talks as well.
Sunday Sept 13: 13 month mark
We had Stake conference in the morning which was great. The stake president here loves calling on people to come up and share his testimony so that his talk is shorter (really just to fill time but it is the joke in highlands ranch that he never prepares a talk.) We then had a successful day trying people and doing some tracting. We actually ran into a guy who almost joined the church and even read the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. He was very nice and said he wasn't interested right now. He seemed so prepared however sometimes it takes more invites before someone opens up and accepts.

Overall it was a good week, but very slow. I hope all is well back home. 

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher

P.S. Also we are getting a visit from a general Authority. His name is Wilford W Anderson and gave an amazing talk titled, "The Music of the Gospel" I can't wait for that visit. I actually have a quote from that talk on my planner this transfer.