Sunday, November 1, 2015

Week 63 - Montrose

Hello Everyone,
This was an amazing and exciting week. I am now in Montrose on the complete opposite end of the mission. I am the second farthest area in the mission in the Mt. Sneffles ward, which is funny because before I was on the other end. It is very beautiful and we get an amazing view of Mt. Sneffels which are snow capped mountains in the distance. It is also very pretty with the fall leaves and the rain and sunshine. The members here are also amazing. Very missionary minded. Anyways here is the week.
Monday Oct 19:
We had a great day hanging out with Elder Dean who went home and Elder Jensen. We decided to make giant cookies with frosting on them for all the departing missionaries. I forgot to take a picture though. Overall it was a great day.
Tuesday Oct 20:
We woke up bright and early and piled all my stuff into a car. At transfer meeting I was told I am going to Montrose. Nearly all the people said that I was lucky and that it was a great ward. I was thrilled and very excited. I then got to drive about 6 hours to Grand Junction where I got to see Brother Smith again. It is always a privilege to see him. I then met my companion Elder Forrest. He has been out 6 weeks which means I am follow-up training. He is very optimistic and easy to get along with. The funny thing is that he is from Oroville CA. Fairly close to Folsom. We then got in a car and drove another 1.5 hours to Montrose.
Wednesday Oct 21:
It was a great day. The members are very very supportive and people in general are very nice. We actually taught a new investigator named Tom about the Restoration. He thanked us for getting him to talk about religion. It has been a while for him since he has been to a church and he was excited to do a church tour with us. I also got to  meet a lot of people and investigators that we have.
Thursday Oct 22:
We had an exchange with the zone leaders who just happen to live right next door.  In fact our doors are about a step away from eachother. I was with Elder Noblott the trainer of Elder Forrest. We had a great day starting off with a District Meeting. It turns out that my district leader is Elder Gish. I have served most of my mission around him and he has been my district leader before. I also seem to be the only person who can play piano so I attempted to sight read. Which I have been doing better at. Another intersting thing about this day was that we got caught in a home for 2.5 hours with Bible Bashers. They were actually really nice. They listened to our message and than bashed. Surprisingly this is my first real Bible Bashing session. I really try and stay away from them because they can drive the spirit away.
Friday Oct 23:
We started the morning off by driving to Grand Junction for Trainer's Training. It was really good and gave me some ideas about how I can follow-up train Elder Forrest the best way. He really is a great elder. He is on fire and soaks things in. He also has a very strong connection with the ward to the point where the ward will help us out with anything we need. Most of the rest of the day we planned. Because it is a new area we set some goals and went through the people we teach. Which is a lot. Another experience I had was to do a Church tour with Tom. We brought along a member who seemed to take over the church tour. At first I was freaking out a little because he was jumping ahead to all the commandments and things like that. However I soon learned that he was the perfect member for it. He made an instant connection with Tom and was just being a friend not just a followshipper. He even invited him to dinner and they talked the rest of the night. It was so cool to see.
Saturday Oct 24:
This was another busy day. We tried a lot of potentials and less-actives. We also helped set up for a Elders Quorum BBQ. Which later that night went really well. Other than that though it was a great and normal day. It is really cool to be with Elder Forrest because he has a sincere desire to improve. I also think it is a little funny because he loves the work so much that he took over an entire lesson without realizing it. I am so blessed to be with such a great companion.
Sunday Oct 25:
We had a great Sunday Service. Every single person came up to me to introduce themselves and get to know me a little. It was the Primary Program and Tom even came and loved church. We have an amazing ward here. We are also participating in the ward choir. They are lacking in men so they were very happy to have us there. That night we decided to go and check out our area a little. Most of it is country. There are a lot of canyons and little towns. We were shocked by how much is actually in it. The interesting thing is that we include Montrose, Ridgeway and Ouray. From one end to the other is about 1 hour. We have a lot of beautiful mountains and wild animals all around.
As you can see I am loving my area right now. I am excited to be here and my motivation level is at the top. I hope you all have a great week. Also
Congratulations Rachel and Russel on Emma Jane!
I hope you all have a great Halloween.
Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher