Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 67 - Montrose

Hello everyone,
This was a good week, just slow. THis email will be short, because I have little time.
Tuesday Nov 17:
It was a slow day. However one interesting thing to note is that I met someone that has a connection to the family. Their names are the Kramer's. I mentioned that I was from California and his response was, "I used to live in Merced, in fact there was a dentist their that did my teeth with the last name Pulsipher. In fact he was my hometeacher." I drew the connections with him. So Phyllis & Louellis (Probably misspelled those names) Kramer says hi Grandma and Grandpa Pulsipher. Also I guess their son Darren also played football with either Uncle Allen or you Dad.
Wednesday Nov 18:
We had a great busy day. We visited with a Jack in the morning. He is a less active that we have been trying to meet with. We finally found out what he likes the most, conference talks. We also got back in contact with Tom. He was progressing well but then went silent, so we were a little concerned. We decided to stop by and he answered the door and said, "Hey, haven't seen you in a while, come on in." It turns out he was just very very busy. At the end of the message (which was a great powerful message with the spirit there) I played some music on his piano. He really enjoyed that and said he felt someone with that. We explained that the spirit can be felt with the spirit.
Thursday Nov 19:
On Thursday we spent a lot of the day helping someone move. They were a friend of a member and a great family involved in the community. Everyone seems to know them. They had a lot of heavy heavy stuff in their shop. I was very sore by the end of the day.
Friday Nov 20:
It was a great day. We did some weekly planning that I think will really help move the work forward. We then had a Thanksgiving dinner with the Hall family. They are amazing. All of the kids are recent converts and the mom has been inactive for years. They are really strong and soaking it in. We have been teaching the new member lessons to one of the daughters. We had some other elders over and a investigator that was being baptized the next day. They also had their family there who are all amazing as well. It reminded me of the Thanksgiving Dinners we had back home where the missionaries would come over.
Saturday Nov 21:
I have known this but it was reaffirmed on Saturday during an exchange that I love to be really busy. We were running from place to place trying to fit things in, and re-arranging schedules. I actually enjoyed it. I remember when I was in my Newspaper class and I had a queue of people needing my help and had to do a few pages per issue every month. I enjoyed it. I went with Elder Gish in his area. I have served around him in three different zones. I was his district leader for two transfers and he has been mine for two transfers.
Sunday Nov 22:
It was a great day. I actually sang in sacrament meeting. Tom came, as well as three less-active families we have been working with. It was one of the best times I have sung. We also had a homecoming talk and an open house for her after church. We got to meet a lot of people there.
Overall it was a great week. I can't wait for Thanksgiving this week. I hope you all have a great one as well.
One thing I am grateful for is this mission. I am starting to get scared to go home, even though it is 9 months away. I think I am in a good position if that is a fear. Anyways Have a great week.
Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher