Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 69 - Montrose

Transfer meeting from  Top to bottom. Left to right.
Smith Perez, Lybbert, Noblott, Forrest, Pulsipher, Tavares,



Elder Scott and me
This was one of the slowest weeks on the mission, for reasons I will determine.
Monday November 30:
It was my last day with Elder Forrest. He has definitely been my favorite companion so far. That night I had an interesting experience. On a mission you are given certain spiritual gifts. These are called gifts of the spirit. They are given to all those who seek after them and have the Gift of the Holy Ghost. We were teaching a lesson when I had a distinct impression to ask a specific question. I usually get these promptings while teaching but this time I could tell the reason why I asked it. It was an interesting experience to discern what that person needed. That is one of the amazing things about a mission. The spirit works through you stronger on a regular basis than any time in your life.
Tuesday December 1:
We had transfers out in Grand Junction. We arrived early so I got to say hi to some people I used to teach, the Davis family, which was nice. Elder Forrest actually ended up going to Ken Caryl Ward, which I used to serve in. I was so excited for him, because that has been my favorite ward. My new companion is Elder Scott from Elmira NY. He has been out about 4 months and is a great elder. I am excited for another great transfer with him. After the meeting we drove all the way to Log hill, which is about 30 minutes from Montrose, for our dinner. After dinner we drove back to Montrose and went with our elder's quorum president to a lesson. They ended up not answering the door, so we went by a less-active in the ward we haven't met. The meeting went excellent and it triggered some good feelings in his heart. He says he wants to come back.
Wednesday Dec 2:It was a slow day. We basically had a Preparation Day for Elder Scott and visited people to introduce him.
Thursday Dec 3:
I woke up bright and early to go get my toe operated on. IT has been in-grown and I decided this time to permanently remove it. They only removed a sliver on the side and killed the root, so hopefully it doesn't grow back. It really hurt. So we spent the day at home, resting.
Friday Dec 4:
It was another slow day. I couldn't walk well and it cramped up a little, we did have our ward Christmas Party. It was great. We did a Night in Bethlehem. They had tents with different food items and a live nativity. We even saw that less-active whom we visited the other night, Ben.
The Grinch who stole my toenail
Saturday Dec 5:
Once again we had a slow day, but one highlight was that we had the opportunity to participate in the Montrose parade of Lights for Christmas. The zone leaders put together a float for the new Christmas initiative, A Savior is Born. We had a live nativity and the missionaries passed out cards. I got lucky and got to sit in the cab with the heat and just wave and yell merry Christmas. It was a very cool experience. What amazed me was seeing the look on people's faces when they saw it. They cheered and said thank you. You could tell these people wanted more Christ in their Christmas. We were the only float with a live nativity.
Sunday Dec 6:
We had a good day. I came to church in a suit with one dress shoe and one flip-flop. I told people it is a mullet, or that is how we do it in California. It was a great fast and Testimony meeting. It was all focused on Christmas and the birth of Christ. That night we also got to listen to the Christmas Devotional.
Anyways that was my week. My toe is doing much better. I might have the other one done in a few weeks. Have a great week.