Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 70 - Montrose

Elder Jensen and Me
This was a slow week, but good.
It started to snow and we got a few inches in Montrose. I also caught a cold so I am a little under the weather. Honestly it is the best week for that because I have my other in-grown toenail removed tomorrow and another doctors appointment for a nasal infection.
Honestly because the work has been slow with the Christmas season and the fact that I don't feel well, I hardly remember this last week. Here are some highlights though.
I was on an exchange with Elder Ostlund. He is an awesome elder that I was able to connect to instantly. Throughout the day it seemed as though nothing went according to plan but we were where we were supposed to be. We decided to do service and could not find a place that was open where we usually would go. We finally went to a small thrift shop and it turns out that the owner had to leave and do something and needed help with changing lights out. Perfect timing. We also helped a member understand what makes a member missionary successful. Truly as a member missionary the only way to measure success is whether you invite someone. Inviting is the first step to accept the gospel.
Another highlight was Sunday. We taught in Relief society about inviting people. The member the previous night that we talked to actually invited her neighbor to the stake Christmas fireside. She taught in Relief Society and gave one of the best lessons I have ever heard. We also had our stake musical Fireside. It was very good.
Yesterday, or Monday, we had our Christmas Luncheon for the missionaries. It was great. IT snowed a lot where we were. We had our President and Sister Murdock there. We had a ton of sweets and great food. We also watched a Christmas Movie about missionaries and had some testimonies. The fun part of it all was the Karaoke. I went first singing O Holy Night. I will try and get a video of it. Overall it was a fun and spirit filled meeting. On the way out it had snowed a few inches and was snowing heavily. We had a few cars stuck and had to push them out.
That was my week. Fairly slow but good none-the-less. I hope you all have a great week as well.
Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher