Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 74 - Montrose

Saturday in Ridgway

Christmas Morning
Hello everyone,
So I got transfer news and I will be transferred. According to pattern this was going to happen. I will really miss Montrose. It has been one of my favorite areas. It has been hard but worthwhile nonetheless. I have no clue where I am going.
Tuesday Jan 5:
My morning started off at 2:45am with a lovely trip to the bathroom to throw-up. I must of eaten something because no one else got it but it was not fun none-the-less. We were actually on exchanges and had to switch back at 6:30. The whole day wasn't fun because we were stuck at home.
Wednesday Jan 6:
I have no recollection of what happened on this day. I was really exhausted from the previous day is all I can remember. We also had a lot of appointments cancel. I think it is a Wednesday thing.
Thursday Jan 7:
Our mission introduced an extra hour of study in the morning to prepare for a big meeting that will be broadcast to all the missionaries in the whole world. later this month. We have no idea what it will be about but they have asked us to review Preach My Gospel.  After studies we had a great District Meeting. I have really enjoyed my District Leader. He gives amazing trainings mostly on doctrine especially the atonement. We also had an opportunity to teach Tom. He is doing really well. He is growing closer and closer to Jesus Christ more than I think he realizes. One of the cool things about being a missionary is that you get to see the progress more than the people themselves.
Friday Jan 8:We had weekly Planning. It is always hard weekly planning right before transfers, because you don't know if you are being transferred or not. So you have to pretend as if you are staying to make it effective. After planning we had another lesson with Tom. We brought the ward clerk, Dave, who bore a powerful testimony. The spirit was very strong. He talked a lot about communing with God. Prayer in a way should be like a one on one interview with him. Sometimes we don't have to speak vocal words but can speak in our hearts and mind. It was a very good lesson. Dave promised a specific blessing that as he listens to the Hymns they will touch his heart. 
Saturday Jan 9:
We ended up going down to Ridgway one last time. It was a really slow day, but we found some former investigators that Elder Scott will start teaching soon. It was a beautiful day though.
Sunday Jan 10:
It was a great day. I had an interesting spiritual experience. 
Tom called in the morning saying he had a terrible headache. I was devastated that he wouldn't be able to come. However a minute after the call I got the prompting to call back. So I called back. I promised him that the headache would go away as soon as he entered the building and that the headache was Satan trying to stop him. I also reminded him of the promise that Dave gave him. Tom immediately said, "I will make it." His headache did go away. He came and it was a powerful meeting about the Book of Mormon. The hymn that stuck out to me was How Firm a Foundation.

How firm a foundation, ye Saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said,
Who unto the Savior for refuge have fled?

In ev'ry condition--in sickness, in health,
In poverty's vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea--
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.

Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'erflow,
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

E'en down to old age, all my people shall prove
My sov'reign, eternal, unchangeable love;
And then, when gray hair shall their temples adorn,
Like lambs shall they still in my bosom be borne.

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!
It was a great day.
I have loved serving here is Mt. Sneffles ward. I will miss it. I am excited though for a new transfer and a new place. I hope you all have a great week.

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher