Thursday, September 15, 2016

Week 103 - Highlands Ranch

This was a very interesting week.

First of all we got another companion for the rest of the Transfer, Elder Jaynes. I like him a lot and it has relieved some of the pressure between me and my normal companion. We still don't really get along but  we try and work through it. Work here has been very slow because of everything that has gone on, but hopefully it will pick up this week with school starting soon.

This is the first time I have been in a trio and I was honestly very anxious about it, but it seemed to work out great. One night we got a call at 8:30 to come to the mission office to pick up our new companion. We didn't talk much that first night, but the next day I got to know him really well when Elder Robinson wasn't feeling well. He is from southern Georgia. We have gotten along great.

There was one point this week that was particularly hard. It seems as though this is one of the most challenging parts of my mission, with the crash, areas and companionships. I can't lie, it has been hard to stay strong near the end, However two things come to mind. During the particularly hard day the words to "Be Still My Soul" came to mind. 

  1. 1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
    With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
    Leave to thy God to order and provide;
    In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
    Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
    Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
  2. 2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
    To guide the future as he has the past.
    Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
    All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
    Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
    His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
  3. 3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
    When we shall be forever with the Lord,
    When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
    Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
    Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
    All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Honestly, Everything will work out in the end. He allows certain things to happen to help us grow. Keep an eternal perspective. I am at the end and the best is yet to come.

The second thing is something that a wise ward mission leader taught me near the beginning of my mission. His name is Bro Gustavson. He is one of the greatest men I have ever met. He showed a video of a football player making a winning touchdown. When he gets near the end within a yard he starts to celebrate and drops the ball thinking he has crossed the line. However the ball stays in play without that team knowing. The other team then takes the ball and runs across without opposition and wins the game. DON'T DROP THE BALL! You are not finished until you are finished. Endure to the end

I love you all and miss you greatly. It has been an interesting last two transfers. However I intend not to drop the ball.

Till next time,
Elder Dallin S Pulsipher

P.S. also you may be wondering why there have not been any pictures. Well that is because I want to give you some suspense when I see you in two week.